If you have visited hypersomniafoundation.org since last fall, you probably noticed our site has a new look. Although this new site went “live” in September 2017, we’ve been working hard since then to build it out further before introducing the changes and new features to our SomnusNooze readers.
You’ll notice our new logo and colors, which we introduced earlier last year. For the first time visitor or casual researcher, we strove to create a homepage that provides a straightforward description of idiopathic hypersomnia and gives an overview of the work of HF. Our site is designed to be user-friendly, and the drop down menus along the top are designed to help readers locate information quickly. Just a few examples:
- Want to know more about symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and what’s it’s like living with IH? Click on “Awareness” to read our recently updated information on IH and related disorders, to browse numerous personal journey stories, and to access our complete SomnusNooze archives.
- Need our healthcare provider directory, or to download our new brochure to take to your provider? These and much more can be found in “Resources.”
- To read more about our mission, check out the bios of our Board of Directors, and learn about our distinguished Medical and Scientific Boards, click on “Foundation.”
- Our “Donate” page has a new look and updated information, too. We are forever appreciative of our donors, who make our work possible!
- The search function on our new site is also much more efficient, and our SomnusNooze article categories are in the process of being completely reorganized, in an effort to provide our readers with quick and easy access to the information you’re looking for.
Even with all of these improvements, a website like ours is never “done,” and you will continue to see more changes and updates in the months ahead. We hope you will enjoy exploring the new site: hypersomniafoundation.org. You can also follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
HF is grateful to TripAdvisor Charitable Foundation for their grant supporting the creation of our new website.