The work of any rare disease organization naturally relies on community support, and this year—more than ever—you can help determine what the Hypersomnia Foundation can accomplish in 2021 by making a donation to HF today.
Tony and Bertha Rye have generously offered to match up to $12,000 in donations made to the Hypersomnia Foundation by December 31, 2020. Your donation will be matched dollar-for-dollar and will help fund HF’s initiatives, which include:
- Awarding research funds to seed the work of promising investigators.
- Sponsoring an Idiopathic Hypersomnia Investigative Group (IHIG), an international group of researchers sharing IH knowledge & theories.
- Emphasizing the importance of knowing the symptoms of IH to medical students/residents, college & school health providers, and numerous other professionals who see sleepy people. (improving awareness = faster diagnoses & better care for people with IH).
- Gathering and sharing research updates, clinical trials, and progress toward new treatments.
- Providing the FDA with information on the impact of IH for people with this disorder, to further current and future clinical trials into medications for IH, so that one day, there will be an FDA-approved treatment.
- And so much more!
For a recent history of our accomplishments, read our Biennial and Annual Reports. As we enter 2021, we will continue to advocate for better treatments, increased research, and global awareness of IH and related sleep disorders.
So please give whatever you can and help us raise $24,000 by December 31st.
YOU can get us #BeyondSleepy!