The Hypersomnia Foundation strives to improve the lives of people with hypersomnia by advocating on their behalf, providing support, educating the public and healthcare professionals, raising awareness, and funding research into effective treatments, better diagnostic tools, and, ultimately, a cure for these debilitating conditions.
OUR CORE BELIEFS
- All people with Hypersomnia deserve full and proper treatment.
- Optimal diagnosis and treatment derives from better knowledge.
- All of the causes of Hypersomnia can be discovered and properly treated.
- Through participation we can predict, prevent, and personalize treatment for Hypersomnia.
OUR GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- To increase community and physician awareness of the primary Hypersomnia syndromes.
- To provide a source of high quality, timely education for both people with Hypersomnia and health care providers regarding Hypersomnia.
- To form a community of people with Hypersomnia and their loved ones for mutual support.
- To promote much needed research into the causes and treatments of Hypersomnia, with a special focus on novel ideas with excellent potential for transforming care of people with Hypersomnia .
- To assist in translating new discoveries into improved outcomes and quality of life for people with Hypersomnia.