Hypersomnia Foundation Regional Conference on June 4th
The Hypersomnia Foundation (HF) board is finalizing the program for its 2017 Boston Regional Conference. We will provide Eventbrite registration details in the near future via Facebook, Twitter and Somnusnooze.
Information below will help you begin making your travel plans to Boston. Read to the bottom for information on special hotel accommodations!
Conference Schedule (As always, social activities are optional):
Saturday – June 3
- 2:00-4:00PM-Old Town Trolley Tour https://www.trolleytours.com/boston#home-section
- Survey responders voted the trolley tour #1 choice for our Saturday afternoon activity. Sit back, relax and discover all that Boston has to offer by means of this sightseeing tour! Group booking arrangements will be available through our Eventbrite once it is live, and we anticipate the per person rate will not exceed $36.00 (seating will be limited).
- 7:30PM – Meet and Greet Game Night
- Enjoy a casual meet and greet with light snacks and games hosted by the HF Board at the Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf.This event is FREE but you will need to register once our Eventbrite is live.
- 1:00-4:30PM – HF Regional Conference at the historic Boston Public Library at Copley Square, 700 Boylston St., Boston, MA 02116
- We have booked Rabb Lecture Hall in the newly renovated Johnson Building at the Boston Public Library for another fabulous regional conference featuring dynamic speakers.In this state-of-the-art facility, our outstanding speakers will cover research updates on idiopathic hypersomnia and related disorders. This year’s conference, however, will also focus on advocacy and empowerment to assist people with hypersomnia and their supporters navigate this world living with a chronic, rare disorder.
COST OF CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE - We understand Boston can be pricey. With this in mind, we have been hard at work negotiating the perfect location and space for our conference. The stars aligned and this year attendance to this event will be FREE!
Due to limited space you will need to register for the conference once the Eventbrite is live.
At this moment we are not 100% certain that Livestreaming the event will be possible, but are working diligently to identify sponsorship to help cover AV and Livestreaming costs. Watch for updates.
Hotel Accommodations – For Saturday night, June 3rd, The Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf has offered a special group rate of $289.00 USD per night (plus tax) for a studio suite. All rooms include complimentary breakfast and in-room high-speed internet access. These discounted rooms are limited and we cannot stress enough to book early!
This Residence Inn has generously agreed to offer this same rate for a limited number of rooms for Friday (June 2) and Sunday (June 4) nights as well.
To make a reservation guests can either call 800-331-3131 to the central reservation team (be sure to mention the Hypersomnia Foundation room block) or book online through this link:
With specific hotel questions please contact Dory Noll at the Residence Inn,
at 617-933-5313 and she will be happy to assist you.
Details about registration for the Saturday trolley tour and the meet and greet, as well as for Sunday’s Regional Conference will be highlighted in a future SomnusNooze once program details have been finalized.
We look forward to connecting with everyone in Boston!